This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 Generic License.
Limnology and Freshwater Biology is an international peer reviewed open access journal that publishes original articles, reviews, and short communications in the interdisciplinary area of limnology six times per year. It links several scientific disciplines including hydrobiology, ichthyology, microbiology, sanitary microbiology, cellular and molecular biology, ecology, genetics, geology, physics and chemistry in an integrated fashion, to address critical issues related to freshwater ecosystems of lakes, rivers, wetlands and reservoirs.
- hydrological, hydrochemical and geochemical aspects of aquatic ecosystems;
- molecular and classical biology of ecosystem research;
- systematics and ecology of aquatic ecosystems;
- natural and anthropogenic impacts on water systems and resources;
- paleolimnology and history of the environmental development;
- field and laboratory studies, and modelling.